- “Complimentary Services:”
The “Website,” located at www.lifekive.com, provides Users with information about the Company’s offerings.
- Company “Newsletters” provide Users with additional information about the Company’s offerings and other promotional material.
- “Paid Services:”
- A “Lifekive Signature Package” provides Users (as defined below) the ability to ship physical and digital items (“Items) to the Company and receive the products and services described below. It is available through the Website conditioned on a payment of applicable fees: the payment of the Lifekive Signature Package (“LSP Fee”) and, if applicable, an additional payment based on the quantity of items sent in excess of the maximum included in the Lifekive Signature Package and ancillary products and/or services elected (“Additional Fee”).
- A “Lifekive Book” is a printed book from images digitized through using the Lifekive service conditioned on a User’s payment of the applicable fee.
- A “Lifekive Companion Video” is a video file consisting of visuals elements of the individual pages and spreads created from the Lifekive Book, conditioned on User’s payment of the applicable fee.
- A “Lifekive USB Drive” is a USB drive containing the images that have been digitized by the Company conditioned on User’s payment of the applicable fee.
- “Photo Restoration Services” is the process whereby the Company will use software and professional staff to improve the visual quality of a damaged photograph conditioned on User’s payment of the applicable fee.
- “Gift Cards” are certificates entitling the Lifekive Customer or an Lifekive Customer recipient to apply certain credits or funds to a future order. “Gift Cards” may be used for a specific product or service as noted on the physical or electronic gift card and as offered by the Company.
Users. The users consist of the following roles (collectively the “Users,” and each individually a “User”):
- A “Viewer” may view publicly available content on the Website general information about Kive and its Services.
- A “Reader” is an individual that has opted-in to receive the Newsletters from the Company via email or other means of communication.
- A “Lifekive Customer” is an individual that purchases an Lifekive Signature Package, Lifekive Book, Lifekive Companion Video, Digitation, or Gift Card.
- A “Member” is an individual that purchases a monthly or annual Kive Membership.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to access the Services. If you are not at least eighteen years old, you are not permitted to access the Services for any reason. User may not circumvent any technological measures or features of the Services that are intended to or effectively control access to the Services, or any other protected content or information included in the Services.
- The Website may contain robot exclusion headers. User agrees to not use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means to access the Website for any purpose without the Company’s express prior written consent.
- User further agrees to not interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on the Website.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse the use of or access to any Company Services for any User for any reason in the Company’s sole discretion.
Payment, Expiration, and Refund of Fees.
- Lifekive Signature Package. Pricing for the Lifekive Signature Package and (i) additional items over and above the number included in the Life Signature Package, and (ii) additional services, including duplicate copies of books, Photo Restoration Services, and other services as requested by Customer, shall be published on the Website. Upon purchase, Users shall be billed an LSP Fee. Upon reviewing the quantity of items sent by Customer and request for other services, the Company shall invoice User for the balance remaining based on the quantity of images and the type of additional products and/or services ordered. A Lifekive Signature Package order may be cancelled or changed as follows: within 24 hours of the purchase, Lifekive Signature Package orders may be cancelled with a $50 cancellation fee, that shall be deducted from the refund.
- A User’s Lifekive Signature Package is valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- Lifekive Book. Users may purchase Lifekive Books through the Lifekive Signature Package as described above or through requesting duplicate copies according to the rates published on the Website or communicated by the Company. Purchases made through the Website shall be billed in full upon purchase. Once ordered, there are no refunds for Lifekive Books.
- USB Drives. Duplicate copies of USB Drives can be purchased according to the rates published at the Website. Once ordered, there are no refunds for Lifekive USBs.
- Photo Restoration Services. Users may purchase Photo Restoration Services from the Company. After the Company receives and reviews the contents of User’s items, the Company will recommend the number of photographs that should receive Photo Restoration Services. These services are optional and the cost of services will be posited to the Website. Once User agrees to, and orders these services, there are no refunds for Photo Restoration Services.
- Gift Cards. Upon purchase, Lifekive Customers shall be billed in full for the applicable dollar value of the Gift Card. The dollar value of Gift Cards shall never expire. There are no refunds for Gift Cards.
- Shipping Services. Standard shipping fees are included in the Lifekive Signature package, including (i) outbound shipping of your Lifekive box, (ii) return shipping of your Lifekive box to the Company, insured for $500, and (iii) a final return of the Lifekive box to User, insured for $500. If User requests any additional shipping services, including but not limited to shipping additional boxes, shipping Items in separate boxes, or purchasing additional insurance coverage, User will be responsible for paying for these additional shipping services.
Memberships, if applicable. Upon purchase, Members shall be billed a Fee consisting of either (i) the entire annual payment (“Annual Fee”) or (ii) the first monthly payment (“Monthly Fee”) according to the rates and Membership tiers published on the Website. Thereafter, the Members who choose to pay monthly shall be automatically billed the Monthly Fee on a monthly basis until termination. Members who choose to pay annually shall be automatically billed the Annual Fee on an annual basis until termination. The Company may increase the Monthly Fee and Annual Fee due in connection with your Membership by providing thirty (30) days’ notice. Monthly Fees and Annual Fees are non-refundable.
- Other Fees. (i) If a User returns its Items in a manner in which it requires the Company to spend a significant amount of time in excess of its normally allocated time to organize the Items, or (ii) if a User requests edits to their Book(s) in a manner that significantly exceeds the normally allocated time for editing, the Company reserves the right to invoice Customer at its then hourly rate, and such work will be completed when the invoice is paid.
- If payment is not made within 30 days after User receives an invoice for Additional Fee, we reserve the right to process the balance due using the original method of payment.
Intellectual Property Ownership.
- We welcome your comments about the Services. However, it is against our policy to review or consider any unsolicited submissions or suggestions because we want to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings in the event that ideas developed by the Company might seem similar to the ideas submitted to us. Accordingly, we request that you refrain from sending us any original creative ideas, suggestions or materials, particularly those that are confidential or personal to you. If you send us any ideas, suggestions of material, it shall become property of the Company, and we will not be subject to any obligation of confidence nor liable for any use or disclosure of any submission.
- Upon uploading or posting photographic images, videos or any descriptive text about a photograph or video on any Company Instagram, Facebook, or social media page (“User Content”), User hereby grants to the Company a non-exclusive, revocable, worldwide, royalty free license to display the User Content in connection with Company’s provision of the Services. Such license shall be deemed granted as of the moment of creation without the necessity of any further action on the part of either party.
- In the event Company has requested permission from a User to publish and distribute any specific User Content, immediately upon User’s confirmation that permission is granted, User hereby grants to the Company a non-exclusive, revocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, sublicense through multiple tiers, publish reproduce, prepare derivative works distribute and display such User Content and any derivative works thereof. Revocation of such license shall not apply to Company’s use of the User Content to provide the User with use of the Company Services or to any Company uses of the User Content prior to the revocation.
- User represents and warrants to the Company with respect to the User Content that the User Content, and the license of rights in and to the User Content, do not infringe or violate any copyrights, trade secrets, or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any third party, and that posting any User Content will not violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations. User shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company, and its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, members, managers, and agents, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, and actions, including the payment of all legal expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or connected with any claim that the User Content or any portion of the User Content infringes the rights of any third party or any other damages arising from any use of, or reliance upon, the User Content by a third party, including but not limited to other Users of these Services. User Content includes but it not limited to all data and content, including without limitation, all photographs, images, graphics, video recordings, drawings, written descriptions, remarks, and narratives submitted by Users to the Company.
- Lifekive reserves the right to not photograph any art or object it deems offensive which may include, but is not limited to, items that are racist, prejudice, violent, pornographic, or otherwise deemed objectionable by the team at Lifekive.
Links to Other Websites and Promotions.
- The Website may contain links to other websites (“Linked Websites”). The Linked Websites are provided for User’s convenience and information and, as such, User accesses them at its own risk. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company is not responsible and shall have no liability for any viruses or other illicit code that may be downloaded through a link found on the Website, or by accessing a Linked Website.
- In the event you elect to participate in any third party promotions or engage in third party services that may have been introduced or otherwise promoted on the Website or Newsletter, any correspondences or participation with such third parties, including the delivery of and the payment for products, services or content, are solely between you and each such third party.
Interruptions to the Services.
Notification of Potential Infringement.
If any User believes its copyright, trademark or other property rights have been infringed by any content included or posted within the Services, User should immediately send a notification to the Company’s designated agent (“Designated Agent”), as identified below. To be effective, the notification must include: (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; (iv) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to locate the material; (v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. § 512(c), the Company’s Designated Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as indicated below. The Designated Agent shall be: Ruth McKee, Lifekive, 15800 Arminta Street, Van Nuys, CA 91406.
Representations, Warranties, and Covenants.
- Company makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Company does not warrant that (i) the content is accurate, reliable or correct, (ii) the Services will be available at any particular time or location, (iii) any defects or errors will be corrected, or (iv) the content is free of viruses or other harmful components. Your use of these Services is solely at your own risk. Where any such exclusion of warranties are not permitted in your jurisdiction, such exclusion does not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability.
- WITHOUT LIMITING AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE TO USER FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATORY PROFITS OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, GENERAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE.
- ALTHOUGH THE COMPANY WILL USE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO TAKE ALL ACTIONS IT DEEMS APPROPRIATE TO REMEDY AND AVOID data and internet interruptions, THE COMPANY CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT SUCH EVENTS WILL NOT OCCUR. ACCORDINGLY, THE COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO SUCH EVENTS.
- Readers may terminate by selecting the option to unsubscribe in any email communication they receive or by providing the Company with written notice.
- Members may terminate (i) in the event Company fails to cure a material breach of its agreement to provide the license set forth in Sections 3(c) or 3(d) within ten (10) days’ written notice.
If this site charges for services, products, content, or information, pricing information will be posted as part of the ordering process for this site. We maintain specific contact information including an e-mail address for notifications of complaints and for inquiries regarding pricing policies in accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3. All correspondence should be addressed to our agent for notice at the following address:
Notification of Consumer Rights Complaint or Pricing Inquiry: 3505 The Alameda, Santa Clara, CA 95050.
You may contact us with complaints and inquiries regarding pricing and we will investigate those matters and respond to the inquiries.
The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1020 N. Street, #501, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at 1-916-445-1254.
Defamation; Communications Decency Act Notice.
This site is a provider of "interactive computer services" under the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C. Section 230, and as such, our liability for defamation and other claims arising out of any postings to this site by third parties is limited as described therein. We are not responsible for content or any other information posted to this site by third parties. We neither warrant the accuracy of such postings or exercise any editorial control over such posts, nor do we assume any legal obligation for editorial control of content posted by third parties or liability in connection with such postings, including any responsibility or liability for investigating or verifying the accuracy of any content or any other information contained in such postings.